Ready to book Kimberly for a speaking session? Find your session below and inquire here.
The Allyship Challenge
1. Understand the key components of Dr. Kimberly Harden's Ally–Advocate–Accomplice Framework
2. Reflect on personal experiences of internalized superiority or inferiority and analyze power dynamics and how they influence relationships and interactions in the context of allyship
3. Learn How to Take the Allyship Challenge:
4. Develop a personalized action plan for taking the Allyship Challenge
Cultural Intelligence: Building Bridges Across Differences
1. Understand the various components of Cultural Intelligence (CQ), including Cognitive CQ, Emotional CQ, and Physical CQ, and how each contributes to effective cross-cultural interactions.
2. Identify real-life scenarios and contexts where CQ can be applied, such as in business, education, and interpersonal relationships.
3. Learn strategies to become more culturally competent and adaptable.
4. Recognize and appreciate the importance of diversity and inclusivity in today's globalized world.
Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace
1. Understand the concept of psychological safety and its significance in fostering a healthy workplace culture.
2. Recognize the impact of leadership behavior on psychological safety within teams and organizations.
3. Learn practical strategies for leaders to promote and sustain psychological safety in their work environments.
4. Identify actionable steps to build trust, encourage open communication, and support innovation among team members.
The Sum of Us: Transformative Collaboration for Inclusive Work Cultures
1. Gain a deep comprehension of the power of collectivism and its role in promoting inclusivity and equity.
2. Identify and understand the specific challenges and obstacles that women and historically
marginalized groups encounter in the workplace.
3. Reflect on personal and organizational responsibility in contributing to a more equitable and inclusive society.
4. Learn practical strategies and approaches to foster collaboration and partnership in the workplace.
Cultivating a Culture of Belonging
1. Recognize the vital role of leaders in integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) principles into the corporate culture.
2. Identify actionable steps and initiatives leaders can take to embed DEI values within the organization effectively.
3. Understand how a culture of belonging impacts employee engagement and retention, contributing to organizational success.
4. Develop leadership strategies to foster a strong sense of belonging among team members and promote a more inclusive workplace.
Combating Racial Battle Fatigue
1. Gain a deep understanding of racial battle fatigue and how it affects employees, particularly employees of color.
2. Recognize the signs and symptoms of racial battle fatigue in the workplace.
3. Learn how to create a supportive, inclusive environment that acknowledges and addresses racial battle fatigue.
4. Develop leadership strategies for promoting racial equity, healing, and resilience within the team and organization.
Authenticity in the Workplace
1. Understand the importance of authentic self-expression and its impact on workplace dynamics and culture
2. Identify common obstacles and challenges that may hinder individuals from being authentic in the workplace
3. Learn practical strategies and communication techniques to promote authentic self-expression in professional settings
4. Gain insights into the role of leadership and organizational culture in creating an inclusive space for authentic expression
1. Define and differentiate between explicit, implicit, and unconscious bias.
2. Recognize the impact of unconscious bias and discrimination on individuals and organizations.
3. Develop strategies as a leader for identifying and interrupting unconscious bias in everyday workplace scenarios.
4. Explore leadership methods for creating a more inclusive and equitable work environment.
3M - Microaggressions, Microinequities, and Microaffirmations
1. Define microaggressions and understand their manifestations and consequences.
2. Recognize the "chilly climate effect" resulting from microaggressions and its implications for leadership.
3. Acquire practical leadership techniques for effectively responding to microaggressions and microinequities within your team.
4. Learn how to provide microaffirmations as a leader to promote a positive and inclusive workplace culture.
The Dangers of Avoidance
1. Recognize common avoidance strategies leaders employ in personal and professional settings.
2. Understand the potential negative consequences of leaders using avoidance as a coping mechanism within their teams and organizations.
3. Identify situations where leadership avoidance may hinder personal or professional growth and team effectiveness.
4. Learn practical strategies for leaders to address and mitigate avoidance tendencies, fostering open communication and team growth.